Magnesium Chloride is widely used as a source of magnesium ion. In biological systems, magnesium is a co-foactor for many enzymes including deoxyribonuclease (DNase) and various restriction enzymes. Also plays a role in cell membrane integrity, muscle cell physiology, and nucleic acid structure. Magnesium chloride solution is a favorable choice as an elution buffer for antibody affinity column purifications; it is much milder on most antigens than acid elution, allowing reuse of the antigen column. Also an essential cofactor for the DNA polymerase in polymerase chain reaction (PCR) amplification.
Hexahydrate form also available: Magnesium Chloride, Hexahydrate (sc-203126)
1. Brooks, J.E. 1987. Meth. Enzymol. 152: 113-129. PMID: 2821353
2. Huang, H.W., et al. 1994. Eur. J. Biochem. 219: 253-260. PMID: 8306992
3. Henegariu, O., et al. 1997. BioTechniques. 23: 504-511. PMID: 9298224
4. Harris, S. and Jones, D.B 1997. Br. J. Biomed. Sci. 54: 166-173. PMID: 9499593
5. McCartney, R.G., et al. 1998. J. Biol. Chem. 273: 24158-24164. PMID: 9727038
6. Krishnan, M., et al. 2004. Anal. Chem. 76: 6588-6593. PMID: 15538781
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.