|PRODUCT NAME||CATALOG #||UNIT||PRICE||QTY||FAVORITES|
|Kanamycin B sulfate||sc-202680||250 mg||$55.00||
Kanamycin B is an aminoglycoside with antibiotic properties that associates with bacterial ribosomal RNA. The compound is highly potent against gram-negative bacteria. Other members of the aminoglycoside group include Kanamycin A (sc-205358) and Amikacin (sc-202457). Kanamycin B has five amino groups and has a stronger association with acidic phospholipids in comparison to Kanamycin A. Studies have shown that the Kcat value of the kanamycin group is higher compared to the neomycin group.
1. Basak, K. and Majumdar, S.K. 1973. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 4: 6-10. PMID: 4791483
2. Yung, M.W. and Green, C. 1987. J. Antibiot. 40: 862-867. PMID: 3610836
3. Carrier, D., et al. 1997. Biochem. Pharmacol. 53: 401-408. PMID: 9065744
4. Kwon, M., et al. 2001. Mol. Cells. 11: 303-311. PMID: 11459219
5. Norris, A.L., et al. 2010. Biochemistry. 49: 4027-4035. PMID: 20387903
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2016 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.