HC Toxin is a potent, cell-permeable HDAC (histone deacetylase) inhibitor. HC Toxin inhibits HDACs in maize, Physarum and chicken. HC Toxin has displayed antiprotozoal and antineoplastic activity. HC toxin has induced the expression of the gamma-globin gene in erythroid cells. Antiproliferative activity against T47D human breast cancer cells and cultured mastocytoma cells has been observed with HC toxin treatment.
1. Walton, J D., et al., 1985. Reciprocal biological activities of the cyclic tetrapeptides chlamydocin and HC-toxin. Experientia. 41(3): 348-50. PMID: 3918884
2. Brosch, G., et al., 1995. Inhibition of maize histone deacetylases by HC toxin, the host-selective toxin of Cochliobolus carbonum. The Plant cell. 7(11): 1941-50. PMID: 8535144
3. Ross, J., et al., 1996. Comments on the article "Persistent confusion of total entropy and chemical system entropy in chemical thermodynamics" [(1996) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 93, 7452-7453]. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 93(25): 14314; discussion 14315. PMID: 8962046
4. McCaffrey, P G., et al., 1997. Induction of gamma-globin by histone deacetylase inhibitors. Blood. 90(5): 2075-83. PMID: 9292546
5. Joung, Ki Eun., et al., 2004. Antiproliferative effect of trichostatin A and HC-toxin in T47D human breast cancer cells. Archives of pharmacal research. 27(6): 640-5. PMID: 15283467
6. Walton, Jonathan D., et al., 2006. HC-toxin. Phytochemistry. 67(14): 1406-13. PMID: 16839576
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.