|PRODUCT NAME||CATALOG #||UNIT||PRICE||QTY||FAVORITES|
|EDTA, disodium salt, dihydrate, for molecular biology||sc-359904||50 g||$27.00||
|EDTA, disodium salt, dihydrate, for molecular biology||sc-359904A||250 g||$92.00||
EDTA, disodium salt, dihydrate, for molecular biology is extensively used as a chelator of divalent cations such as Ca2+. EDTA (Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid) is a chelating agent, a general chemical, and a sequestrant. In molecular biology applications, addition of EDTA minimizes the impact of metal ion contaminants. Also used to facilitate enzymatic reactions that could be inhibited by heavy metal traces. It also inhibits enzymes, such as metalloproteases, which require divalent cations for activity. EDTA, disodium salt, dihydrate, for molecular biology is an inhibitor of Calpain.
1. Van Kley, H. and Claywell, C.S. 1973. Clin. Chem. 19: 621-623. PMID: 4196140
2. Bhargava, K.K. and Acharya, S.A. 1989. Semin Nucl Med. 19: 187-201. PMID: 2503873
3. Brandt, K.D., et al. 1991. Bioconjug. Chem. 2: 67-70. PMID: 1908706
4. Jasin, H.E. and Taurog, J.D. 1991. J. Clin. Invest. 87: 1531-1536. PMID: 1708782
5. Lauer, S.A. and Nolan, J.P. 2002. Cytometry. 48: 136-145. PMID: 12116359
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2017 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.