Caspase-1 Inhibitor II (Ac-YVAD-CMK) is a cell-permeable and irreversible inhibitor of caspase-1 (Ki = 760 pM), caspase-4, and caspase-5. It also inhibits Fas-mediated apoptosis and acidic sphingomyelinase activation. Caspase inhibitors play an important role in investigating biological processes. The caspase family of proteins function as key components of the apoptotic machinery and act to destroy specific target proteins which are critical to cellular longevity. Caspase-1, originally designated ICE (for IL-1 converting enzyme), is a member of the group of caspases with large prodomains. Active caspase-1, a (p20/p10)2 tetramer, is necessary and sufficient for cleavage of precursor IL-1 as well as for induction of apoptosis in some cell lines. Following use of the inhibitor, standard apoptosis assays can be used to examine treated cells for evidence of apoptosis.
Additional caspase-1 inhibitors available:
caspase-1 inhibitor (sc-3069)
caspase-1 inhibitor VI (sc-3071)
Caspase-1 Inhibitor IV (sc-300324)
Caspase-1 Inhibitor I (sc-358878)
1. Brenner, B., et al. 1998. Cell Death Differ. 5: 29-37. PMID: 10200443
2. Garcia-Calvo, M., et al. 1998. J. Biol. Chem. 273: 32608-32613. PMID: 9829999
3. Hilbi, H., et al. 1998. J. Biol. Chem. 273: 32895-32900. PMID: 9830039
4. Thornberry, N.A., et al. 1998. Science. 281: 1312-1316. PMID: 9721091
5. Schlegel, J., et al. 1996. J. Biol. Chem. 271: 1841-1844. PMID: 8567626
6. Enari, M., et al. 1995. Nature. 375: 78-81. PMID: 7536900
7. Walker, N.P., et al. 1994. Cell. 78: 343-352. PMID: 8044845
8. Thornberry, N.A., et al. 1992. Nature. 356: 768-774. PMID: 1574116
9. Wu, Bihua., et al., 2010. Ac-YVAD-CMK Decreases Blood-Brain Barrier Degradation by Inhibiting Caspase-1 Activation of Interleukin-1β in Intracerebral Hemorrhage Mouse Model. Translational stroke research. 1(1): 57-64. PMID: 20596246
See how others have used Caspase-1 Inhibitor II. Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 31085177 Segovia, M.|Russo, S.|Jeldres, M.|Mahmoud, YD.|Perez, V.|Duhalde, M.|Charnet, P.|Rousset, M.|Victoria, S.|Veigas, F.|Louvet, C.|Vanhove, B.|Floto, RA.|Anegon, I.|Cuturi, MC.|Girotti, MR.|Rabinovich, GA.|Hill, M.| et al. 2019. Cancer Cell. 35: 767-781.e6.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.