Caspase-1 Inhibitor I (Ac-YVAD-CHO, also designated L-709049) is a potent, specific, reversible inhibitor of caspase-1 (Ki = 200 pM for human recombinant caspase-1), caspase-4, and caspase-5. Caspase inhibitors play an important role in investigating biological processes. The caspase family of proteins function as key components of the apoptotic machinery and act to destroy specific target proteins which are critical to cellular longevity. Caspase-1, originally designated ICE (for IL-1 converting enzyme), is a member of the group of caspases with large prodomains. Active caspase-1, a (p20/p10)2 tetramer, is necessary and sufficient for cleavage of precursor IL-1 as well as for induction of apoptosis in some cell lines. Ac-YVAD-CHO has been shown to strongly inhibit anti-APO-1 induced apoptosis in L929-APO-1 cells. Following use of the inhibitor, standard apoptosis assays can be used to examine treated cells for evidence of apoptosis.
Additional caspase-1 inhibitors available:
caspase-1 inhibitor (sc-3069)
caspase-1 inhibitor VI (sc-3071)
Caspase-1 Inhibitor II (sc-300323)
Caspase-1 Inhibitor IV (sc-300324)
1. Brenner, B., et al. 1998. Cell Death Differ. 5: 29-37. PMID: 10200443
2. Garcia-Calvo, M., et al. 1998. J. Biol. Chem. 273: 32608-32613. PMID: 9829999
3. Hilbi, H., et al. 1998. J. Biol. Chem. 273: 32895-32900. PMID: 9830039
4. Thornberry, N.A, et al. 1998. Science. 281: 1312-1316. PMID: 9721091
5. Schlegel, J., et al. 1996. J. Biol. Chem. 271: 1841-1844. PMID: 8567626
6. Enari, M., et al. 1995. Nature. 375: 78-81. PMID: 7536900
7. Walker, N.P., et al. 1994. Cell. 78: 343-352. PMID: 8044845
8. Thornberry, N.A., et al. 1992. Nature. 356: 768-774. PMID: 1574116
See how others have used Caspase-1 inhibitor I. Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 26901245 Xia, X. et al. 2016. Chemical research in toxicology. 29: 421-9.
PMID: # 27628063 Winges, A. et al. 2016. Graefes Arch. Clin. Exp. Ophthalmol. 254: 2387-2400.
PMID: # 26086368 Liang, Y. et al. 2015. Brain Res. 1622: 43-50.
PMID: # 24340123 Tavares, AH. et al. 2013. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 7: e2595.
PMID: # 17235324 Park, HJ. et al. 2007. J Invest Dermatol. 127(5): 1210-1216.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.