A proton ionophore. It is commonly used as an uncoupling agent and inhibitor of photosynthesis because of its effects on mitochondrial and chloroplast membranes. Carbonyl Cyanide m-Chlorophenylhydrazone, a protonophore and an inhibitor of ER-Golgi protein transport, has been reported to bind to Cytochrome C oxidase with a high affinity. In experiments done on bullfrog sympathetic ganglia, this compound increased spontaneous release of luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone, which strongly depended on firing frequency. Other studies suggest that Carbonyl Cyanide m-Chlorophenylhydrazone is also a proton conductor that could greatly affect E.coli cell viability in the presence of glucose.
1. Molgo, J., et al. 1988. Neuroscience. 24: 695-708. PMID: 2834667
2. Samuilov, V.D. and Barsky, E.L. 1993. FEBS Lett. 320: 118-120. PMID: 8458426
3. Bona, M., et al. 1993. Gen. Physiol. Biophys. 12: 533-542. PMID: 8070645
4. Nagata, S., 1995. Microbios. 81: 73-83. PMID: 7476556
5. Park, J.W., et al. 1997. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1344: 132-138. PMID: 9030190
6. Cao, Y.J., et al. 1999. Neuroscience. 92: 1511-1521. PMID: 10426503
See how others have used Carbonyl Cyanide m-Chlorophenylhydrazone. Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 27778331 Barbado, MV. et al. 2017. Int. J. Cancer. 140: 674-685.
PMID: # 25146533 Tan, JW. et al. 2016. Environ. Toxicol. 31: 224-32.
PMID: # 26512954 Shi, J. et al. 2015. Cell death & disease. 6: e1943.
PMID: # 25506911 Jo, H. et al. 2014. PLoS ONE. 9: e115362.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.