5(S),6(R)-DiHETE is an enzymatic metabolite of leukotriene A4 that functions as a CysLT1 Receptor (LTD4 (sc-201048) receptor) agonist. Studies show that the activation of the CysLT1 Receptor results in the contraction of lung parenchyma cells. In addition, it is the vicinal diol's specific structure that is essential for binding to the CysLT1 Receptor since other stereoisomers of the agonist do not bind to the receptor. These contractions in lung parenchyma cells are readily inhibited by FPL 55712 (sc-203583).
1. Borgeat, P., et al. 1979. J. Biol. Chem. 254: 7865-7869. PMID: 468794
2. Sirois, P., et al. 1982. Prostaglandins. 24: 405-418. PMID: 6296925
3. Haeggström, J., et al. 1986. J. Biol. Chem. 261: 6332-6337. PMID: 3009453
4. Haeggström, J., et al. 1988. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 958: 469-476. PMID: 2829972
5. Muller, A., et al. 1989. Prostaglandins. 38: 635-644. PMID: 2633210
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.