0.5M Sodium EDTA is a prepared stock solution used routinely in buffers/solutions that require a metal chelator. EDTA (Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid) is a chelating agent, a general chemical, and a sequestrant. Suitable for use in molecular biology applications. EDTA is used extensively as chelator of divalent cations such as Ca2+. Useful in molecular biology applications to minimize metal ion contaminants. Also used to facilitate enzymatic reactions that could be inhibited by heavy metal traces. Inhibits enzymes, such as metalloproteases, that require divalent cations for activity.
1. Child, G.P. 1951. Science. 114: 466-467. PMID: 14892768
2. Friess, E.G., et al. 1954. Arch Biochem. 53: 311-313. PMID: 13208306
3. Sapeika, N. 1955. S. Afr. Med. J. 29: 137-139. PMID: 14358876
4. Sheppard, R.L. and Henion, J. 1997. Anal. Chem. 69: 477A-480A. PMID: 9253241
5. Lanigan, R.S. and Yamarik, T.A. 2002. Int. J. Toxicol. 21: 95-142. PMID: 12396676
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.