Garcinol (camboginol) is a polyisoprenylated benzophenone derivative from the rind of Garcinia indica fruit and is a potent inhibitor of histone acetyltransferases p300 (IC50= ~7 µm) and PCAF (IC50= ~5 µm) both in vitro and in vivo. p300, also known as E1A binding protein p300, regulates cell growth and division through interacting with numerous transcription factors, and the p53 associated trancriptional coactivator PCAF (P300/CBP-associated factor) plays a direct role in transcriptional regulation. Reports show that Garcinol represses the p300-mediated acetylation of p53 in vivo, promotes apoptosis through caspase-3 activation and predominantly down-regulates the global gene expression in HeLa cells. Researchers found that Garcinol exhibits dose-dependent cancer cell-specific growth inhibition in ER-positive MCF-7 and ER-negative MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells. Additional research shows that Garcinol exhibits anti-carcinogenic and anti-inflammatory properties through selectively suppressing Prostaglandin E2 synthesis and 5-lipoxygenase product formation. Garcinol is also known as Camboginol, and 3-(3,4-dihydroxybenzoyl)-4-hydroxy-8,8-dimethyl-1,7-bis(3-methyl-2-buten-1-yl)-5-[(2S)-5-methyl-2-(1-methylethenyl)-4-hexen-1-yl]-bicyclo[3.3.1]non-3-ene-2,9-dione.
1. Matsumoto, Kenji., et al., 2003. Cytotoxic benzophenone derivatives from Garcinia species display a strong apoptosis-inducing effect against human leukemia cell lines. Biological & pharmaceutical bulletin. 26(4): 569-71. PMID: 12673047
2. Balasubramanyam, Karanam., et al., 2004. Polyisoprenylated benzophenone, garcinol, a natural histone acetyltransferase inhibitor, represses chromatin transcription and alters global gene expression. The Journal of biological chemistry. 279(32): 33716-26. PMID: 15155757
3. Mantelingu, K., et al., 2007. Specific inhibition of p300-HAT alters global gene expression and represses HIV replication. Chemistry & biology. 14(6): 645-57. PMID: 17584612
4. Koeberle, Andreas., et al., 2009. Identification of 5-lipoxygenase and microsomal prostaglandin E2 synthase-1 as functional targets of the anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic garcinol. Biochemical pharmacology. 77(9): 1513-21. PMID: 19426689
5. Ahmad, Aamir., et al., 2010. Apoptosis-inducing effect of garcinol is mediated by NF-kappaB signaling in breast cancer cells. Journal of cellular biochemistry. 109(6): 1134-41. PMID: 20108249
6. Chen, Ching-Shyang., et al., 2011. Nicotine-induced human breast cancer cell proliferation attenuated by garcinol through down-regulation of the nicotinic receptor and cyclin D3 proteins. Breast cancer research and treatment. 125(1): 73-87. PMID: 20229177
Visualizar com outras pessoas usaram Garcinol (CAS 78824-30-3). Clique em PubMed para ver .
PMID: # 33809417 Chang, NC.|Yeh, CT.|Lin, YK.|Kuo, KT.|Fong, IH.|Kounis, NG.|Hu, P.|Hung, MY.| et al. 2021. Antioxidants (Basel). 10:
PMID: # 29174768 Ghosh, TK. et al. 2018. J. Mol. Cell. Cardiol. 114: 185-198.
PMID: # 29414668 Huang, WC.|Kuo, KT.|Adebayo, BO.|Wang, CH.|Chen, YJ.|Jin, K.|Tsai, TH.|Yeh, CT.| et al. 2018. J. Nutr. Biochem. 54: 140-150.
PMID: # 29740418 Simpson, S. et al. 2018. Front Microbiol. 9: 788.
PMID: # 25538147 Yao, XH. et al. 2014. Physiological reports. 2:
PMID: # 23644046 Du, T. et al. 2013. Experimental and molecular pathology. 95: 38-45.
PMID: # 33300026 Nucleic Acids Res.
PMID: # 30377593 Habibi, A.|Soleimani, M.|Atashi, A.|AkhavanRahnama, M.|Anbarlou, A.|Ajami, M.|Ajami, M.| et al. Avicenna J Phytomed. 8: 350-357.
A Santa Cruz Biotecnologia, Inc. é a líder mundial no desenvolvimento de produtos para o mercado de pesquisa biomédica. Ligue para nós ligação gratuita 1-800-457-3801..
Direito de Reprodução© 2007-2021 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. Todos os direitos reservados. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", "EZ Touch" são marcas registradas da Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. Todas as marcas registradas são propriedade dos seus respectivos donos.