Tris Acetate-EDTA buffer, 10X concentrate is used for DNA agarose gel electrophoresis but is also used for non-denaturing RNA agarose gel electrophoresis. Double-stranded DNA tends to run faster in TAE than in other buffers and may become exhausted during extended electrophoresis. Buffer circulation or buffer replacement during extended electrophoresis can remedy the lower buffering capacity. May be used at various concentrations to study the mobility of DNA in solution. Since borate in TBE buffer (Tris-Borate-EDTA Buffer, 10X Powder Pack, sc-296651) is a strong inhibitor for many enzymes, TAE buffer is recommended when looking at enzymatic applications for the DNA sample.
Additional forms available:
Tris Acetate-EDTA buffer (sc-296645)
Tris Acetate-EDTA buffer, 50X (sc-281694)
1. Loening, U.E. 1967. Biochem. J. 102: 251-257. PMID: 5339944
2. Ogden, R.C., et al. 1987. Meth. Enzymol. 152: 61-87. PMID: 2443811
3. Hayes, V.M., et al. 1999. Nucleic Acids Res. 27: e29. PMID: 10497279
4. Stellwagen, E., et al. 2002. Electrophoresis. 23: 1935-1941. PMID: 12116139
5. Brody, J.R. and Kern, S.E. 2004. Anal. Biochem. 333: 1-13. PMID: 15351274
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.