Tangeretin is a methoxyflavone compound found in citrus fruits that demonstrates antiproliferative and antioxidant effects. Tangeretin is described to block cell cycle progression at G1 in MDA-MB-435, MCF-7, and HT-29 cell lines. In human T47D cells, Tangeretin was demonstrated to inhibit ERK1/2 (extracellular-signal-regulated kinases 1/2) phosphorylation. Antioxidant activity is as reported with Tangeretin, and it was demonstrated to suppress induction of COX-2 mRNA by IL-1β and to block IL-1β-induced production of COX-2 in A549 cells.
1. Chaumontet, C., et al. 1997. Cancer Lett. 114: 207-210. PMID: 9103293
2. Kawaii, S., et al. 1999. Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem. 63: 896-899. PMID: 10380632
3. Van Slambrouck, S., et al. 2005. FEBS Lett. 579: 1665-1669. PMID: 15757658
4. Chen, K.H., et al. 2007. Biochem. Pharmacol. 73: 215-227. PMID: 17067555
5. Morley, K.L., et al. 2007. Cancer Lett. 251: 168-178. PMID: 17197076
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.