Spermine is a biogenic polyamine formed from spermidine (sc-215900) and occurs in almost all tissues. It is essential for both neoplastic and normal tissue growth and is involved in the modulation of calcium-dependent immune processes. Spermine inhibits NOS1 (nNOS). Spermine binds to and activates or inhibits NMDA depending on the subunit composition of the receptor. Spermine is a GluR inhibitor. Spermine is an inhibitor of PLCα and activator of PLCδ.
1. Pawelczyk, T., et al. 1992. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 297: 328-333. PMID: 1497353
2. Khan, A.U., et al. 1992. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 89: 11428-11430. PMID: 1454831
3. Escargueil-Blanc, I., et al. 1994. FASEB J. 8: 1075-1080. PMID: 7926374
4. Hu, J., et al. 1994. Neurosci. Lett. 175: 41-45. PMID: 7526294
5. Igarashi, K., et al. 1995. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 272: 1101-1109. PMID: 7891322
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.