SEW2871 is a small molecule selective agonist of EDG-1 (Sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor 1; S1P1), a protein involved in signaling and regulation of heart rate, coronary artery caliber, and lymphocyte recirculation. SEW2871 has been used as a tool for investigating the role of the EDG-1 receptor in cardiovascular regulation, and specifically for its role in ischemia/reperfusion injury. An antiinflammatory behavior is produced by SEW2871 activation of the EDG-1 receptor, showing an inhibition of monocyte adhesion to endothelial cells upon this activation.
1. Kluk, M.J. and Hla, T. 2002. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1582: 72-80. PMID: 12069812
2. Sanna, M.G., et al. 2004. J. Biol. Chem. 279: 13839-13848. PMID: 14732717
3. Hale, J.J., et al. 2004. J. Med. Chem. 47: 6662-6665. PMID: 15615513
4. Bolick, D.T., et al. 2005. Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 25: 976-981. PMID: 15761190
5. Whetzel, A.M., et al. 2006. Circ. Res. 99: 731-739. PMID: 16960101
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.