Sanguinarine chloride is a benzophenanthridine alkaloid and potent, noncompetitive sodium/Potassium-ATPase Protein Inhibitors (Na+/K+ ATPase) inhibitor with anticancer properties. This product has been observed to induce apoptosis in cultured C6 rat glioblastoma cells potentially via a downregulative ability of extracellular singal-regulated and Akt signaling pathways. It is reported that sanguinarine also inhibits protein phosphatase 2C (PP2) and induces human promyelocytic leukemia cell line HL60 apoptosis through the phosphorylation of p38, a PP2Cα substrate associated with caspase-3/7 activity. This compound posesses antimicrobial and anti-plaque qualities. Sanguinarine chloride is an inhibitor of MKP-1 and PP2.
1. Meyerson, L.R., et al. 1978. Neurochem. Res. 3: 239-257. PMID: 149928
2. Southard, G.L., et al. 1984. J Am Dent Assoc. 108: 338-341. PMID: 6585404
3. Debiton, E., et al. 2003. Cancer Chemother. Pharmacol. 51: 474-482. PMID: 12700925
4. Han, M.H., et al. 2007. Anticancer Drugs. 18: 913-921. PMID: 17667597
5. Aburai, N., et al. 2010. Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem. 74: 548-552. PMID: 20208361
See how others have used Sanguinarine chloride. Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 19246011 Selvi B, R. et al. 2009. Chem. Biol. 16: 203-216.
PMID: # 16964588 Malíková, J. et al. 2006. Cell Biol. Toxicol. 22: 439-453.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.