(+)-(S)-Tylophorine is a a major alkaloid of Tylophora indica. It is an immunosuppressant that inhibits inflammation. In tumor cells, (+)-(S)-Tylophorine has shown antiproliferative activity and induction of apoptosis.
1. Gopalakrishnan, C., et al., 1979. Pharmacological investigations of tylophorine, the major alkaloid of Tylophora indica. The Indian journal of medical research. 69(): 513-20. PMID: 447392
2. Raina, V., et al., 1980. The responsiveness of leukocyte adenyl cyclase to tylophorine in asthmatic subjects. Biochemical and biophysical research communications. 94(4): 1074-7. PMID: 7396949
3. Gopalakrishnan, C., et al., 1980. Effect of tylophorine, a major alkaloid of Tylophora indica, on immunopathological and inflammatory reactions. The Indian journal of medical research. 71(): 940-8. PMID: 7419261
4. Comins, Daniel L.., et al., 1997. Enantiopure N-Acyldihydropyridones as Synthetic Intermediates: Asymmetric Synthesis of (-)-Septicine and (-)-Tylophorine. The Journal of organic chemistry. 62(21): 7435-7438. PMID: 11671861
5. Gao, Wenli., et al., 2004. Novel mode of action of tylophorine analogs as antitumor compounds. Cancer research. 64(2): 678-88. PMID: 14744785
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.