R-(-)-Rolipram is the R-entantiomer of rolipram. This compound has been shown to strongly inhibit the catalytic activities of PDE4 (phosphodiesterase 4), which is selective for cAMP, an important secondary messenger molecule in signal transduction. Experiments have revealed that high-affinity binding sites require residues within the catalytic domains and residues flanking the N-/C-terminal to the catalytic region of amino acids. Other studies suggest that the deactivation of PDE4 has been reported to affect other cellular functions.
1. Torphy, T.J., et al. 1992. J. Biol. Chem. 267: 1798-1804. PMID: 1309798
2. Underwood, D.C., et al. 1993. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 266: 306-313. PMID: 8392555
3. Grous, M. and Barnette, M. 1994. Br. J. Pharmacol. 111: 259-263. PMID: 7516803
4. Rocque, W.J., et al. 1997. Protein Expr. Purif. 9: 191-202. PMID: 9056484
5. Ohsawa, F., et al. 1998. Jpn. J. Pharmacol. 77: 147-154. PMID: 9681571
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.