PGI2·Na (Prostaglandin I2·Na, Prostacyclin) is primarily synthesized in macrovascular endothelial cells. It has been shown to induce vasodilation, inhibit platelet aggregation, as well as demonstrate fibrinolytic and cytoprotective activity. PGI2 binding to the G-protein coupled IP1 receptor (PGI2 receptor), is believed to be responsible for the inhibition of platelet aggregation and vasodilation activity. PGI2 greatly increases cAMP concentrations, it is 30 times more active than PGE1(sc-201223), and 10 times more active than PGD2(sc-201221); however, it is a relatively unstable eicosanoid, with a half-life of about 2 minutes under physiological conditions. Analogues such as Iloprost (sc-205349) have been developed with superior stability and similar potency for IP receptors. PGI2·Na (Prostaglandin I2·Na, Prostacyclin) is an activator of IP Receptor and an inhibitor of TXA2R.
1. Weksler, B.B., et al. 1977. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 74: 3922-3926. PMID: 333448
2. Tateson, J.E., et al. 1977. Prostaglandins. 13: 389-397. PMID: 191877
3. Coleman, R.A., et al. 1994. Pharmacol. Rev. 46: 205-229. PMID: 7938166
4. Gryglewski, R.J. 1995. Pol J Pharmacol. 47: 467-472. PMID: 8868142
5. Tanaka, Y., et al. 2004. Curr Med Chem Cardiovasc Hematol Agents. 2: 257-265. PMID: 15320791
6. Shah, B.H. 2005. Trends Endocrinol. Metab. 16: 199-201. PMID: 15950485
See how others have used Prostaglandin I2 sodium (CAS 61849-14-7). Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 15358690 Humbert, M. et al. 2004. Eur. Respir. J. 24: 353-359.
PMID: # 10462369 Krowka, MJ. et al. 1999. Hepatology. 30: 641-648.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.