You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
Picrotoxin is a GABAA receptor antagonist. This compound has been shown to increase noradrenaline levels and turnover in the hypothalamus. Administration of Picrotoxin into the supramammillary nucleus has been noted to increase c-Fos expression in the region, which disinhibits local neurons. Additional studies suggest that Picrotoxin significantly increases [35S]TBPS and [3H]muscimol (sc-200460) binding in the cerebellum, but causes no change in the frontal cortex.
1. Akaike, N., et al. 1985. Experientia. 41: 70-71. PMID: 2578409
2. Ito, Y., et al. 1989. J. Neurochem. 52: 1064-1070. PMID: 2538560
3. Yoon, K.W., et al. 1993. J. Physiol. 464: 423-439. PMID: 8229811
4. Qian, H. and Dowling, J.E. 1994. J. Neurosci. 14: 4299-4307. PMID: 8027780
5. Stankevicius, D., et al. 2008. Neuropharmacology. 54: 300-308. PMID: 18022650
6. Shin, R. and Ikemoto, S. 2010. BMC Neurosci. 11: 101. PMID: 20716371
See how others have used Picrotoxin. Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 29771335 Lee, K.Y. et al. 2018. Human molecular genetics.
PMID: # 27624155 Pougnet, JT. et al. 2016. Sci Rep. 6: 31836.
PMID: # 27000207 Jewett, KA. et al. 2016. Mol Brain. 9: 32.
PMID: # 26250624 Jewett, K. et al. 2015. J Neurochem.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.