Phosphoramidon is an inhibitor of CD10 (neutral endopeptidase 24.11, NEP), metalloproteases (MMPs), and Neprilysin-2 (NEP2), which belong to a group of type II integral membrane glycoproteins. In addtion, the NEP enzyme has been shown to play a role in the regulation of neuropeptide signaling and in the metabolism of bioactive peptides via plasma membranes. NEP2 is a homologue of NEP with a high degree of sequence identity, however, research shows that they have different physiological actions. Studies show that phosphoramidon and thiorphan (sc-201287), another NEP inhibitor, can increase nitrile production. Additionally, LNCaP cell studies show that phosphoramidon can inhibit the metabolism of neurotensin (NT). Phosphoramidon is an inhibitor of endothelial converting enzyme (ECE).
1. Hiranuma, T., et al. 1997. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 281: 769-774. PMID: 9152384
2. Zhang, X., et al. 1998. J. Cardiovasc. Pharmacol. 31: 623-629. PMID: 9554814
3. Moody, T.W., et al. 1998. Peptides. 19: 253-258. PMID: 9493857
4. Rose, C., et al. 2002. Biochem. J. 363: 697-705. PMID: 11964170
5. Whyteside, A.R., et al. 2008. FEBS Lett. 582: 2382-2386. PMID: 18539150
See how others have used Phosphoramidon. Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 24247244 McDonald, AJ. et al. 2014. J. Biol. Chem. 289: 803-13.
PMID: # 24343520 Bolos, M. et al. 2014. Cell. Mol. Life Sci. 71: 2947-55.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.