Prostaglandin F1α (PGF1α) is a biosynthesis product from dihomo-γ-linolenic acid (DGLA) via the cyclooxygenaze (COX) pathway, and is a stable metabolite of prostacyclin (PGI2; sc-201231). By measuring the olfactory sensitivity of male salmon to F-type prostaglandins, studies show there is a possibility that they have a pheromonal role in Atlantic salmon. This compound also acts as smooth muscle relaxant, however, PGF1α is only half as active as PGF2α (sc-201227) in inducing human respiratory smooth muscle contractions in vitro.
1. Karim, S.M., et al. 1980. Adv Prostaglandin Thromboxane Res. 7: 969-980. PMID: 7369062
2. Herndon, D.N., et al. 1984. Surg Gynecol Obstet. 159: 210-213. PMID: 6433494
3. Balapure, A.K., et al. 1989. Biochem. Pharmacol. 38: 2375-2381. PMID: 2751699
4. Moore, A. 1996. J. Exp. Biol. 199: 2307-2316. PMID: 9320226
5. Bertone, A.L., et al. 2001. Vet Surg. 30: 528-538. PMID: 11704948
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.