You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
Palmitoylethanolamide is an endogenous cannabinoid. It is a weak ligand of the cannabinoid 1 (CB1) and cannabinoid 2 (CB2) receptors. It has been found to inhibit FAAH (fatty acid amide hydrolase). Palmitoylethanolamide exhibits anti-nociceptive, anti-inflammatory, anti-convulsant and immunosuppresant activity. Palmitoylethanolamide acts by binding to an unidentified cannabinoid receptor that is similar to CB2. It also acts as a selective activator of the GPR55 receptor. In addition, this compound directly activates PPARα, producing an anti-inflammatory response.
1. Facci, L., et al. 1995. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 92: 3376-3380. PMID: 7724569
2. Mazzari, S., et al. 1996. Eur. J. Pharmacol. 300: 227-236. PMID: 8739213
3. Cadas, H., et al. 1996. J. Neurosci. 16: 3934-3942. PMID: 8656287
4. Skaper, S.D., et al. 1996. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 93: 3984-3989. PMID: 8633002
5. Lambert, D.M., et al. 1999. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1440: 266-274. PMID: 10521710
6. Jonsson, K.O., et al. 2001. Br. J. Pharmacol. 133: 1263-1275. PMID: 11498512
7. De Petrocellis, L., et al. 2002. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 16: 297-302. PMID: 12570018
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.