Okadaic Acid, Potassium Salt is a water-soluble analog of Okadaic Acid, isolated from cultured Prorocentrum concavum. The salt form is generated in aqueous potassium hydroxide methanol solution. The compound is a potent inhibitor of serine/threonine-specific protein phosphatases PP1, PP2A, 5534, PP2C and endogenous phosphatase smooth muscle myosin at IC50 of 10-15 nM, 0.1 nM, 5 μM, >10 μM and 15-70 nM respectively. This inhibition action has been used to stimulate the activity of glucose transport and has been observed to block insulin's stimulation of glucose transport by inhibiting IRS-1 phosphorylation. Okadaic Acid, Potassium Salt has been used as a response modifier in the study of large granular lymphocyte and T-cell biochemistry. In addition to inhibitive activities it is a tumor promoter and has been used to study nitric oxide metabolism, apoptosis, cell cycle and calcium signaling.
1. Karaki, H., et al. 1989. Br. J. Pharmacol. 98: 590-596. PMID: 2555015
2. Lawrence, J.C., et al. 1990. J. Biol. Chem. 265: 19768-19776. PMID: 2174052
3. Cohen, P., et al. 1990. Trends Biochem. Sci. 15: 98-102. PMID: 2158158
4. Jullien, D., et al. 1993. J. Biol. Chem. 268: 15246-15251. PMID: 8392070
5. Wright, S.C., et al. 1993. J. Cell. Biochem. 53: 222-233. PMID: 8263039
6. McVicar, D.W., et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24: 165-170. PMID: 8020552
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.