ML-9 is a selective inhibitor of MYLK and CaMK that acts by delaying MYLK phosphorylation through binding at or near the ATP binding site. This naphthalenesulfonamide derivative has been shown to inhibit insulin-stimulated 2-deoxyglucose transport (IC50 = 27 μM), PP-1 activation in adipocytes, PKA, Akt1 (PKB) and Rsk (S6 kinase). ML-9 was also observed to disrupt microfilament bundles with accompanying decrease in P32 incorporation in rat astrocytes. Carbachol (sc-202092) illicited cationic currents were inhibitied with ML-9 (IC50 = 7.8 μM) in HEK293 cells. ML-9 has also demonstrated to inhibit natural killer cell lytic acitivity by regulating microfilament contraction as well as catecholamine secretion in intact and permeabilized chromaffin cells. In addition, agonist-induced Ca2+ entry into endothelial cells was completely abolished in the presence of ML-9. Shown to act as an inhibitor of Stim1, PKC and ERK.
1. Saitoh, M., et al. 1986. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 140: 280-287. PMID: 3778449
2. Saitoh, M., et al. 1987. J. Biol. Chem. 262: 7796-7801. PMID: 3108259
3. Ito, M., et al. 1989. Int. J. Immunopharmacol. 11: 185-190. PMID: 2703279
4. Inoue, G., et al. 1993. J. Biol. Chem. 268: 5272-5278. PMID: 7680348
5. Reig, J.A., et al. 1993. Neurochem. Res. 18: 317-323. PMID: 8479600
6. Begum, N., 1995. J. Biol. Chem. 270: 709-714. PMID: 7822300
7. Takahashi, R., et al. 1997. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 235: 657-662. PMID: 9207215
8. Smith, U., et al. 2000. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 268: 315-320. PMID: 10679201
9. Shi, J., et al. 2007. Br. J. Pharmacol. 152: 122-131. PMID: 17603544
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.