Mastoparan (Vespula lewisii) has been shown to cause an increase in the production of Arachidonic Acid (sc-200770) catalyzed by PLA2 from porcine pancreas and bee venom. This compound also displays toxicity by regulating G proteins via mimicking of G-protein-coupled receptors. Additionally, Mastoparan has been reported as a stimulator of insulin release by pancreatic islets, which acts through GTP-binding proteins and PLA2. In other experiments, this agent has demonstrated the ability to cause exocytosis of rat peritoneal mast cells and also stimulate the accumulation of inositol phosphates in hepatocytes. Additionally, Mastoparan has been noted to act as a mitogen in Swiss 3T3 cells and stimulate pertussis toxin-sensitive Arachidonate release without phosphoinositide breakdown. Mastoparan (Vespula lewisii) is an inhibitor of CaM. Mastoparan (Vespula lewisii) is an activator of Heterotrimeric G Protein and PLA2.
1. Argiolas, A. and Pisano, J.J. 1983. J. Biol. Chem. 258: 13697-13702. PMID: 6643447
2. Higashijima, T., et al. 1988. J. Biol. Chem. 263: 6491-6494. PMID: 3129426
3. Yokokawa, N., et al. 1989. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 158: 712-716. PMID: 2493246
4. Mousli, M., et al. 1989. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 250: 329-335. PMID: 2473189
5. Higashijima, T., et al. 1990. J. Biol. Chem. 265: 14176-14186. PMID: 2117607
6. Gil, J., et al. 1991. J. Cell Biol. 113: 943-950. PMID: 1709171
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.