LY-255283 is a hydroxyacetophenone that acts as a leukotriene B4 receptor antagonist. Specifically, LY-255283 competes with LTB4 (sc-201043) and [3H]LTB4 to bind to the P2Y7 (BLT1) and LTB4R2 (BLT2) receptor on lung cell membranes. Studies show that the binding coefficient of LY-255283 is smaller than LTB4, resulting in a weaker bond between the receptor and the antagonist. In addition, LY-255283 competitively reduces the contractile responses of lung parenchyma that are caused by the binding of LTB4 to the receptor. LY-255283 is an inhibitor of LTB4R2.
1. Richards, I.M., et al. 1991. Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 629: 274-287. PMID: 1659282
2. Taylor, B.M., et al. 1991. Prostaglandins. 42: 211-224. PMID: 1664113
3. Silbaugh, S.A., et al. 1992. Eur. J. Pharmacol. 223: 57-64. PMID: 1335877
4. Herron, D.K., et al. 1992. J. Med. Chem. 35: 1818-1828. PMID: 1316967
5. Souza, D.G., et al. 2000. Eur. J. Pharmacol. 403: 121-128. PMID: 10969152
6. Yokomizo, T., et al. 2001. J. Biol. Chem. 276: 12454-12459. PMID: 11278893
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.