L-Sulforaphane, a compound found at high levels in broccoli, has been reported to prevent NFκB binding, which results in downregulation of apoptosis inhibitors therefore inducing apoptosis. Research has demonstrated sulforaphane to be a potent inducer of phase II detoxification enzymes and display chemoprotective properties. Other experiments have shown sulforaphane to induce enzymes of xenobiotic metabolism and therefore accelerate the metabolic disposal of xenobiotics. Sulforaphane also displays a capacity to inhibit intracellular, extracellular, and antibiotic-resistant strains of Helicobacter pylori. Additionally, this compound has been found to prevent clonogenicity. This product is sold in the L-enantiomer form.
1. Zhang, Y., et al. 1992. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 89: 2399-2403. PMID: 1549603
2. Zhang, Y., et al. 1994. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 91: 3147-3150. PMID: 8159717
3. Fahey, J.W., et al. 2002. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 99: 7610-7615. PMID: 12032331
4. Myzak, M.C., et al. 2004. Cancer Res. 64: 5767-5774. PMID: 15313918
5. Kerns, M.L., et al. 2007. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 104: 14460-14465. PMID: 17724334
6. Kallifatidis, G., et al. 2009. Gut. 58: 949-963. PMID: 18829980
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.