Kynurenic acid sodium salt is a sodium salt of Kynurenic acid (sc-202683) and a metabolite of tryptophan in mammals via the kynurenine pathway. Studies have observed that Kynurenic acid acts as a ligand to the GPR35 G protein-coupled receptor. The binding of Kynurenic acid to GPR35 has been noted to affect calcium mobilization and inositol phosphatase synthesis and may indicate potential signaling functions by Kynueric acid via the GPR35 receptor. Additionally reported to be a broad spectrum, excitatory amino acid (EAA) antagonist. Other studies have reported that Kynurenic acid acts as an antagonist to mammalian ionotropic glutamate receptors especially NMDA (N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors). Kynurenic acid sodium salt is an inhibitor of AChR α 7 and GluR.
1. Pittaluga, A., et al. 1997. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 283: 82-90. PMID: 9336311
2. Wong, A.Y., et al. 2003. J. Neurosci. 23: 4868-4877. PMID: 12832509
3. Brooks, V.L., et al. 2004. Am. J. Physiol. Regul. Integr. Comp. Physiol. 287: 1359-1368. PMID: 15319216
4. Nasif, F.J., et al. 2005. J. Neurosci. 25: 3674-3679. PMID: 15814798
5. Wang, J., et al. 2006. J. Biol. Chem. 281: 22021-22028. PMID: 16754668
6. Le Floc'h, N., et al. 2010. Amino Acids. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 20872026
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.