Isoflurane is a halogenated ether. The anesthtetic properties of Isoflurane make it a desirable component in anesthetic formulations. Although its mechanism is still being understood, Isoflurane anesthesia has shown promising results in mice. Research suggests a relationship between postoperative cognitive dysfunction and isoflurane inhalation anesthesia.
1. Wang, X., Song, Z.G., Huang, D.X., et al.A single nucleotide polymorphism in GABAA receptor isoforms is potentially responsible for isoflurane sensitivity in mice. Genet. Mol. Res. 15(2), gmr.15027340 (2016).
2. Jiang, S., Miao, B., and Chen, Y.Prolonged duration of isoflurane anesthesia impairs spatial recognition memory through the activation of JNK1/2 in the hippocampus of mice. Neuroreport. 28(7), 386-390 (2017).
3. Lewis, M.C. et al.: Med. Hypoth., 68, 484 (2007)
4. Mellon, R.D. et al.: Anesth. Analg., 104, 509 (2007)
5. Xie et al (2007) The inhalation anesthetic isofl. induces a vicious cycle of apoptosis and amyloid β-protein accumulation. J.Neuroscience 27 1247
See how others have used Isoflurane (CAS 26675-46-7). Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 28666687 Surgery. 863-870.
PMID: # 31807042 Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes. 12: 2289-2302.
PMID: # 28901439 Mol Med Rep. 16: 7039-7047.
PMID: # 32012798 Int J Mol Sci. 21:
PMID: # 32813905 Eur J Neurosci.
PMID: # 33167919 BMC Cancer. 1076.