Indirubin, also known as isoindigotin, is an inhibitor of cyclin-dependent kinases (CDK1/cyclin B (IC50 = 10µM), CDK2/cyclin A (IC50 = 2.2µM), CDK2/cyclin E (IC50 = 7.5µM), CDK4/cyclin D1 (IC50 = 12µM), CDK5/p35 (IC50 = 5.5µM)) and of GSK-3β (IC50 = 600nM). Studies investigating functional isoindigos show that they have the ability to disrupt cell growth and proliferation. The compound is a potent aryl hydrocarbon receptor ligand and is found in human urine and fetal bovine serum. Synthesized isoindigo-based oligothiophenes are used to study heterojunction solar cells. Shown to inhibit allergic contact dermatitis by regulating T helper mediated immune system in a DNCB-induced model.
1. Wu, K M., et al., 1985. [Potential antileukemic agents, synthesis of derivatives of indirubin, indigo, and isoindigotin]. Yao xue xue bao = Acta pharmaceutica Sinica. 20(11): 821-6. PMID: 3869774
2. Leclerc, S., et al., 2001. Indirubins inhibit glycogen synthase kinase-3 beta and CDK5/p25, two protein kinases involved in abnormal tau phosphorylation in Alzheimer's disease. A property common to most cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors? The Journal of biological chemistry. 276(1): 251-60. PMID: 11013232
3. Adachi, J., et al., 2001. Indirubin and indigo are potent aryl hydrocarbon receptor ligands present in human urine. The Journal of biological chemistry. 276(34): 31475-8. PMID: 11425848
4. Wee, Xi Kai., et al., 2009. Synthesis and evaluation of functionalized isoindigos as antiproliferative agents. Bioorganic & medicinal chemistry. 17(21): 7562-71. PMID: 19783149
5. Mei, Jianguo., et al., 2010. Synthesis of isoindigo-based oligothiophenes for molecular bulk heterojunction solar cells. Organic letters. 12(4): 660-3. PMID: 20099892
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.