Imipramine-d6, a labeled tricyclic antidepressant that inhibits the serotonin and norepinephrine transporters (ST and SLC6A2), but has little effect on the dopamine transporter. Additionally, imipramine-d6 can inhibit mAChR M2, SR-2A and SR-2C.
1. Checkley, S A., et al., 1981. A pilot study of the mechanism of action of desipramine. The British journal of psychiatry : the journal of mental science. 138(): 248-51. PMID: 6268238
2. Zhu, M Y., et al., 1998. Down-regulation of the human norepinephrine transporter in intact 293-hNET cells exposed to desipramine. Journal of neurochemistry. 70(4): 1547-55. PMID: 9523572
3. Okugawa, G., et al., 1999. Long-term treatment with antidepressants increases glucocorticoid receptor binding and gene expression in cultured rat hippocampal neurones. Journal of neuroendocrinology. 11(11): 887-95. PMID: 10520140
4. Torres, Gonzalo E., et al., 2003. Plasma membrane monoamine transporters: structure, regulation and function. Nature reviews. Neuroscience. 4(1): 13-25. PMID: 12511858
5. KLERMAN, G L., et al., 1965. CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY OF IMIPRAMINE AND RELATED ANTIDEPRESSANT COMPOUNDS. Pharmacological reviews. 17(): 101-41. PMID: 14294030
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.