Idarubicin Hydrochloride is the hydrochloride salt preparation of Idarubicin (IDA), an anthracycline and an analog of daunorubicin (sc-218089). IDA is rapidly metabolized to its 13-dihydroderivative (Idarubicinol) which is more stable than the parent form. This compound has been reported to trigger apoptotic cell death via enhancement of Fas and caspase-3/caspase-7 expression. In experiments, where cells were exposed to IDA, reactive oxygen species (ROS) were produced which induced DNA strand breaks and prevented DNA polymerase reaction. Idarubicin Hydrochloride is an inhibitor of Topo II α. Idarubicin Hydrochloride is also a substrate of CYP2D6 and CYP2C9.
1. Ganzina, F., et al. 1986. Invest New Drugs. 4: 85-105. PMID: 3516918
2. Tsuruo, T., et al. 1993. Anticancer Res. 13: 357-361. PMID: 8517647
3. Fukushima, T., et al. 1993. Int. J. Hematol. 57: 121-130. PMID: 8494991
4. Belaud-Rotureau, M.A., et al. 2000. Leukemia. 14: 1266-1275. PMID: 10914552
5. Marczak, A. and Jóźwiak, Z. 2009. Toxicol In Vitro. 23: 1188-1194. PMID: 19490936
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.