Hemin chloride, a heme oxygenase 1 inducer, is a porphyrin complex. At a concentration of 20 mM Hemin chloride demonstrated the significance of heme in myotube maturation by increasing size, number, cross-striations, and contraction frequency and strength of myotubes. The compound has been observed to induce cGMP formation through induction of guanylate cyclase. Hemin chloride has been noted to stimulate calcium-dependent K+ channels and modulate fluid transport and Na+ in the loop of henle in rat studies. Hemin has also been documented to give rise to active chloride secretion in Caco-2 cells. In cadmium injured rat testes, hemin chloride demonstrated anti-apoptotic, antiinflamatory and antioxidant properties. Through reactive oxygen species of ERK-1/2-Elk-1 and NF-κB, hemin chloride has been shown to upregulate Egr-1 expression in vascular smooth muscle cells. It has also been used in solution to prepare agar medium for the cultivation of distinct bacteria.
1. Taher, M.M., et al. 1987. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 257: 100-106. PMID: 2820306
2. Funanage, V.L., et al. 1989. J. Cell. Physiol. 141: 591-597. PMID: 2592428
3. Wolf, H.U., et al. 1992. Biol. Chem. Hoppe-Seyler. 373: 305-313. PMID: 1515057
4. Liu, H., et al. 1999. J. Clin. Invest. 103: 963-970. PMID: 10194468
5. Yoneya, R., et al. 2000. Toxicol. Lett. 116: 223-229. PMID: 10996484
6. Uc, A., et al. 2005. Am. J. Physiol. Gastrointest. Liver Physiol. 289: G202-G208. PMID: 15805100
7. Hasan, R.N., et al. 2008. Circ. Res. 102: 42-50. PMID: 17967787
8. Fouad, A.A., et al. 2009. Toxicology. 257: 153-160. PMID: 19150641
See how others have used Hemin chloride. Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 30466621 2018. Phytomedicine. 51: 226-232.
PMID: # 12453873 Alam, J. et al. 2003. Am. J. Physiol. Renal Physiol. 284: F743-F752.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.