H-Gly-Pro-Arg-Pro-OH Acetate Salt can bind to the polymerization site (D domain) in fibrinogen (Ki = 400 mM) and prevent fibrinogen aggregation and fibrin polymerization. It also acts as an anticoagulant. Research shows that there is additional proteolysis of α, β and γ fibrinogen polypeptides during the cleavage of fibrinogen, which may also include the initial removal of fibrinopeptides.
1. Laudano, A.P., et al. 1978. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 75: 3085-3089. PMID: 277910
2. Hsieh, K.H., et al. 1981. J. Med. Chem. 24: 322-327. PMID: 7265118
3. Achyuthan, K.E., et al. 1986. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 872: 261-268. PMID: 2873839
4. Dowd, A.J., et al. 1995. Eur. J. Biochem. 232: 241-246. PMID: 7556157
5. Rijkers, D.T., et al. 1998. Thromb. Res. 89: 161-169. PMID: 9651143
See how others have used H-Gly-Pro-Arg-Pro-OH Acetate Salt. Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 277910 Laudano, AP. et al. 1978. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 75: 3085-3089.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.