Enniatin B is an ionophore antibiotic and fungal metabolite generated by multiple Fusarium strains. Studies indicate that Enniatin B has cytotoxic activity in vitro, but no genotoxic activity. Enniatin B has been shown to inhibit the Pdr5p ABC transporter in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, as well as acyl-CoA-cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT). Additionally, joint studies of valinomycin (sc-200991) and enniatin B have demonstrated that they can bind to calmodulin (CaM) and inhibit the activity of 3',5'-cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase (PDE). It is believed that enniatin B possess anticancer properties.
1. Mereish, K A., et al., . Interaction of cyclic peptides and depsipeptides with calmodulin. Peptide research. 3(5): 233-7. PMID: 1724618
2. Lifson, S., et al., 1984. Enniatin B and valinomycin as ion carriers: an empirical force field analysis. Journal of biomolecular structure & dynamics. 2(3): 641-61. PMID: 6400917
3. Hiraga, Kazumi., et al., 2005. Enniatin has a new function as an inhibitor of Pdr5p, one of the ABC transporters in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochemical and biophysical research communications. 328(4): 1119-25. PMID: 15707993
4. Dornetshuber, Rita., et al., 2007. Enniatin exerts p53-dependent cytostatic and p53-independent cytotoxic activities against human cancer cells. Chemical research in toxicology. 20(3): 465-73. PMID: 17326668
5. Behm, Claudia., et al., 2009. The Fusarium toxin enniatin B exerts no genotoxic activity, but pronounced cytotoxicity in vitro. Molecular nutrition & food research. 53(4): 423-30. PMID: 19360736
See how others have used Enniatin B. Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 22921581 Ficheux, AS. et al. 2012. Toxicon. 60: 1171-9.
PMID: # 9170286 McKee, TC. et al. 1997. J. Nat. Prod. 60: 431-438.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.