DRB, an adenosine analogue, has been shown to reduce Uridine (sc-296685) uptake in cells causing a premature termination of DNA transcription during the initiation phase. Mechanistic studies suggest that this compound acts as a mixed-type inhibitor with respect to casein kinase II and as a competitive inhibitor with respect to the nucleotide phosphate donor substrates. Experiments have noted that DRB can reversibly block germinal vesicle breakdown in bovine oocytes matured in vitro. DRB is an inhibitor of Cdk7, Cdk8 and Cdk9.
1. Mittleman, B., et al. 1983. J. Mol. Biol. 165: 461-473. PMID: 6188848
2. Zandomeni, R., et al. 1983. J. Mol. Biol. 167: 561-574. PMID: 6876157
3. Zandomeni, R., et al. 1986. J. Biol. Chem. 261: 3414-3419. PMID: 3456346
4. Zandomeni, R.O. 1989. Biochem. J. 262: 469-473. PMID: 2803263
5. Farin, C.E. and Yang, L. 1994. Mol. Reprod. Dev. 37: 284-292. PMID: 8185933
See how others have used DRB. Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 28630312 2017. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 114: E5352-E5361.
PMID: # 10930401 Shao, J. et al. 2000. J. Biol. Chem. 275: 33951-33956.
PMID: # 31693902 Cell Rep. 29: 1645-1659.e9.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.