Dexamethasone Acetate is a glucocorticoid with anti-inflammatory properties. One possible mode of action of the anti-inflammatory properties has been documented by Dexamethasone Acetate inhibitiing upregulation of ICAM-1 (intercellular adhesion molecule-1) in cultured human mast cells. The compound also displays anti mitotic activity against chemically transformed mouse fibroblasts by halting mitosis from entering the S-phase. Dexamethasone Acetate has also been determined to markedly decrease the number of activated macrophages. In addition, Dexamethasone Acetate has been observed to significantly decrease mRNA levels of TPH2 (tryptophan hydroxylase-2) in the raphe nuclei of C57/Bl6 mice.
1. Fagot, D., et al. 1991. Endocrinology. 129: 1033-1041. PMID: 1906802
2. Roberts, C.P., et al. 1996. Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 175: 248-257. PMID: 8765239
3. Inamura, H., et al. 2001. Allergy. 56: 672-678. PMID: 11421927
4. Clark, J.A., et al. 2008. Mol. Psychiatry. 13: 498-506. PMID: 17622221
5. Wang, M.T., et al. 2010. Int J. Nanomedicine. 5: 487-497. PMID: 20957171
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.