δ12-PGJ2 (δ12-Prostaglandin J2) is a decomposition product of PGD2 (sc-201221) that has shown potent antiviral and anit-proliferative activity. This compound has also been shown to induce apoptosis, and to inhibit phosphoinositide turnover. Conjugation with glutathione (sc-29094) is thought to enhance the cytotoxicity of δ12-PGJ2. Similar to other prostaglandins, it is often difficult to distinguish between biological activities derived directly from 'parent' molecules and those derived from metabolites thereof.
1. Diczfalusy, U., et al. 1977. FEBS Lett. 84: 271-274. PMID: 598509
2. Narumiya, S., et al. 1986. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 239: 500-505. PMID: 3772804
3. Atsmon, J., et al. 1990. Cancer Res. 50: 1879-1885. PMID: 2306739
4. Nakahata, N., et al. 1990. Prostaglandins. 40: 405-416. PMID: 2177901
5. Kim, I.K., et al. 1993. FEBS Lett. 321: 209-214. PMID: 8477853
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.