D,L N,O-Didesmethyl Venlafaxine is a metabolite of Venlafaxine (sc-201102). Venlafaxine is a derivative of phenylethylamine which is reported to facilitate neurotransmission within the central nervous system via blocking the presynaptic reuptake of neuroamines such as serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine; 5-HT) and noradrenaline (norepinephrine). Velanfaxine is also reported to be a weak inhibitor of dopamine reuptake. In vitro studies indicate that Venlafaxine does not demonstrate significant activity for muscarinic, histaminergic or α-1 adrenergic receptors. The metabolism of venlafaxine is reported to occur by cytochrome P450 (CYP) enzyme CYP2D6 yielding O-desmethylvenlafaxine. A lesser metabolite, N-desmethylvenlafaxine is produced by CYP3A4.
1. Holdcroft, C. 1994. Nurse Pract. 19: 21. PMID: 7816367
2. Holliday, S.M. and Benfield, P. 1995. Drugs. 49: 280-294. PMID: 7729333
3. Bymaster, F.P., et al. 2001. Neuropsychopharmacology. 25: 871-880. PMID: 11750180
4. Stahl, S.M., et al. 2005. CNS Spectr. 10: 732-747. PMID: 16142213
5. Shams, M.E., et al. 2006. J Clin Pharm Ther. 31: 493-502. PMID: 16958828
6. Blier, P., et al. 2007. Int. J. Neuropsychopharmacol. 10: 41-50. PMID: 16690005
7. Berrocoso, E. and Mico, J.A. 2007. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 322: 101-107. PMID: 17431134
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.