Cytidine 5'-diphosphocholine (CDP-choline) is a naturally occurring precurser of phosphatidylcholine that has been shown to prevent post-necrotic lesion phospholipid destruction by inhibiting activation of phopholipase A2 (PLA2) at 200 mg/kg. CDP-choline has been shown to induce dopamine and acetylcholine receptor densities. Other studies have shown neural and non-neural cholinergic activity increase. Additionally CDP-choline has been noted to potentially increase the stimulated release of thyroid stimulating hormone, growth hormone, and luteinizing hormone.
1. Arrigoni, E., et al. 1987. Biochem. Pharmacol. 36: 3697-3700. PMID: 2823830
2. Giménez, R., et al. 1991. Br. J. Pharmacol. 104: 575-578. PMID: 1839138
3. Onal, M.Z., et al. 1997. Stroke. 28: 1060-1065. PMID: 9158650
4. Cavun, S. and Savci, V. 2004. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 18: 513-523. PMID: 15482372
5. Yilmaz, Z., et al. 2010. Blood Coagul. Fibrinolysis. 21: 339-348. PMID: 20410813
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.