Cyclocreatine is a building block and enzyme inhibitor used for proteomics research. Cyclocreatine can regulate creatine biosynthesis by suppressing the level of arginine: glycine amidinotransferase. Cyclocreatine is a protectant against inhibition of cardiac mitochondrial respiration.
1. Maril, N., et al., 1999. Kinetics of cyclocreatine and Na(+) cotransport in human breast cancer cells: mechanism of activity. The American journal of physiology. 277(4 Pt 1): C708-16. PMID: 10516101
2. Kornacker, M., et al., 2001. Hodgkin disease-derived cell lines expressing ubiquitous mitochondrial creatine kinase show growth inhibition by cyclocreatine treatment independent of apoptosis. International journal of cancer. Journal international du cancer. 94(4): 513-9. PMID: 11745437
3. Martin, K., et al., 1996. Specific targeting of tumor cells by the creatine analog cyclocreatine. International journal of oncology. 9(5): 993-9. PMID: 21541606
4. Kurosawa, Yuko., et al., 2012. Cyclocreatine treatment improves cognition in mice with creatine transporter deficiency. The Journal of clinical investigation. 122(8): 2837-46. PMID: 22751104
5. Enrico, Adriano., et al., 2013. Electrophysiology and biochemical analysis of cyclocreatine uptake and effect in hippocampal slices. Journal of integrative neuroscience. 12(2): 285-97. PMID: 23869866
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.