Peroxisome Proliferator, Cetaben is a compound that can permeate the cell and act independent of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor α (PPARα). In addition, it has been shown to inhibit the activity of acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT). The compound has hypolipidemic activity and research shows that it can reduce serum triglyceride and cholesterol concentrations in rats. It has the ability to inhibit cholesterol production in human hepatoma Hep-G2 cells, which can cause reversible changes to the Golgi morphology.
1. Albright, J.D., et al. 1983. J. Med. Chem. 26: 1378-1393. PMID: 6604816
2. Chandoga, J., et al. 1994. Biochem. Pharmacol. 47: 515-519. PMID: 8117320
3. Chandoga, J., et al. 1994. Int. J. Biochem. 26: 679-696. PMID: 8005353
4. Kovacs, W., et al. 2001. Histochem. Cell Biol. 115: 509-519. PMID: 11455451
5. Kovacs, W.J., et al. 2004. Histochem. Cell Biol. 122: 95-109. PMID: 15322860
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.