CDC25 Phosphatase Inhibitor II (NSC 663284) is a cell-permeable, 7-substituted quinolinedione compound that is a potent, irreversible, mixed competitive inhibitor of the CDC25 phosphatase family (Ki = 29 nM, 95 nM and 89 nM for CDC25A, CDC25B and CDC25C, respectively, IC50 = 210 nM for CDC25B). CDC25 dual-specificity phosphatases coordinate cell cycle progression and cellular signaling. CDC25 Phosphatase Inhibitor II has been shown to arrest synchronized cells at both G1 and G2/M phases, and block dephosphorylation and activation of Cdk1 and Cdk2. This product was 20-fold more selective against CDC25B as compared to VHR phosphatase and 450-fold more selective as compared to PTP1B phosphatase, and also blocked cellular Erk dephosphorylation. Recent research shows that CDC25 Phosphatase Inhibitor II induces reactive oxygen species in mammalian cells, but does not inhibit MKP-1 and MKP-3.
1. Lazo, J.S. et al. 2001. J. Med. Chem. 44(24): 4042-4049. PMID: 11708908
2. Pu, L. et al. 2002. J. Biol. Chem. 277(49): 46877-46885. PMID: 12356752
3. Chao, J.I. et al. 2004. J. Biol. Chem. 279(19): 20267-20276. PMID: 14988404
4. Han, Y. et al. 2004. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 309(1): 64-70. PMID: 14718602
5. Brisson, M. et al. 2005. Mol. Pharmacol. 68(6): 1810-1820. PMID: 16155209
6. Vogt, A. et al. 2008. Mol. Cancer Ther. 7(2): 330-340. PMID: 18245669
See how others have used CDC25 Phosphatase Inhibitor II, NSC 663284. Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 24429874 Riemer, A. et al. 2014. Cell Cycle. 13: 919-27.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.