You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
Caffeic Acid is an endogenous phenolic phytochemical compound that exists in plants and many foods. A major metabolite product upon hydrolization of chlorogenic acid caffeic acid inhibits a number of lipoxygenases such as 5-LO (5-lipoxygenase), in a non-competitive manner, and 12-LO (12-lipoxygenase) inhibiting leukotriene synthesis resulting in further inhibition of immunoregulation. Caffeic Acid has also been shown to inhibit arachidonic acid metabolism in platelets at high doses. It has been observed to stimulate prostaglandin synthesis at high doses. Caffeic Acid is an inhibitor of GST, ODC, Tyk and Xanthine Oxidase.
1. Koshihara, Y., et al. 1984. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 792: 92-97. PMID: 6318834
2. Shureiqi, I., et al. 2000. J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 92: 1136-1142. PMID: 10904086
3. Okombi, S., et al. 2006. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 16: 2252-2255. PMID: 16442796
4. Rao, C.V., et al. 1993. Cancer Res. 53: 4182-4188. PMID: 8364913
5. Kohyama, N., et al. 1997. Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem. 61: 347-350. PMID: 9058975
6. da Cunha, F.M., et al. 2004. Free Radic. Res. 38: 1241-1253. PMID: 15621702
7. Chung, T.W., et al. 2004. FASEB J. 18: 1670-1681. PMID: 15522912
8. Bailly, F., et al. 2005. Curr. Med. Chem. 12: 1811-1818. PMID: 16029149
9. Kang, N.J., et al. 2009. Carcinogenesis. 30: 321-330. PMID: 19073879
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.