Auraptene is a prenyloxycoumarin from citrus peels. The compound has been observed to have chemopreventive effects against colitis-related colon and breast cancers through inhibition of cholesterol esterification and modulation of estrogen receptors. In female BALB/c mice, auraptene was observed to increase macrophage and lymphocyte functions. In the established colorectal cancer cells, auraptene displayed apoptotic inhibition of cellular proliferation. Auraptene has also demonstrated antiinflammatory properties. Through disruption of the ERK1/2 pathway, it can mediate the translation of MMP-7. Additionally, auraptene also retains the ability to activate PPAR α and PPARγ to control adipocytekines. It has been suggested to be an acetyl-CoA acetyltranferase (ACAT) inhibitor.
1. Tanaka, T., et al. 1999. Carcinogenesis. 20: 1471-1476. PMID: 10426794
2. Mori, H., et al. 2001. Mutat. Res. 480-481: 201-207. PMID: 11506814
3. Curini, M., et al. 2004. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 14: 2241-2243. PMID: 15081016
4. Kawabata, K., et al. 2006. FEBS Lett. 580: 5288-5294. PMID: 16979634
5. Kuroyanagi, K., et al. 2008. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 366: 219-225. PMID: 18060855
6. de Medina, P., et al. 2010. Mol. Pharmacol. 78: 827-836. PMID: 20702762
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.