You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
Ascomycin is a macrolide immunosuppressant antibiotic and an analog of the well-known antibiotic FK506 (sc-24649, an ethyl group substituted for the exocyclic allyl group of FK506). Ascomycin binds to the FK-506-binding protein FKBP12 and blocks the peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase activity of the protein. This binded complex also inhibits the activity of calcineurin, consequently suppressing the presentation of Th1 and Th2-type cytokines in cells and reducing production of interleukins IL-2, 4, and 10, leading to immunosuppression. Pimecrolimus (sc-208172), a derivative of the Ascomycin macrolide, has been shown to block the release of allergic response mediators from mast cells.
1. Pahl, A. and Keller, U. 1992. J. Bacteriol. 174: 5888-5894. PMID: 1381710
2. Mollison, K.W., et al. 1993. Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 685: 55-57. PMID: 7689812
3. Meadows, R.P., et al. 1993. Biochemistry. 32: 754-765. PMID: 7678499
4. Kawai, M., et al. 1993. FEBS Lett. 316: 107-113. PMID: 7678400
5. Paul, C., et al. 2000. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 9: 69-77. PMID: 11060661
6. Zuberbier, T., et al. 2001. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 108: 275-280. PMID: 11496246
7. Sierra-Paredes, G., et al. 2008. CNS Neurosci Ther. 14: 36-46. PMID: 18482098
See how others have used Ascomycin. Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 15546853 Shuttleworth, TJ. et al. 2004. Physiology (Bethesda). 19: 355-361.
PMID: # 12438168 Hamelink, C. et al. 2002. Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 971: 474-490.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.