AH-6809 is a prostaglandin E2 receptor antagonist. The compound has been reported to antagonize the anti-aggregatory activity of BW245C, 9 α, 11 β-PGF2, and PGD2. Mouse prostanoid receptor studies reveal that AH-6809 antagonizes the EP1 and EP2 receptors, and does not bind to the EP4 receptor. AH-6809 has been shown to also act on DP1. Both EP1 and DP1 receptors induce and elevate intracellular calcium levels, and have the potential to influence the chloride secretory response. Additionally, studies indicate that AH-6809 is a PGE2 antagonist and that it has a more potent inhibitor than Butaprost (sc-221387), and has been used to study the PAR2 receptor. AH-6809 is an inhibitor of DP2 and EP3.
1. Keery, R.J. and Lumley, P. 1988. Br. J. Pharmacol. 94: 745-754. PMID: 2460179
2. Funk, C.D., et al. 1993. J. Biol. Chem. 268: 26767-26772. PMID: 8253813
3. Woodward, D.F., et al. 1995. Biochem. Pharmacol. 50: 1731-1733. PMID: 7503778
4. Kiriyama, M., et al. 1997. Br. J. Pharmacol. 122: 217-224. PMID: 9313928
5. van der Merwe, J.Q., et al. 2009. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 329: 747-752. PMID: 19190238
6. Rodríguez-Lagunas, M.J., et al. 2010. Am. J. Physiol. 299: C324-C334. PMID: 20484658
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.