8-Chloroadenosine 3',5'-Cyclic Monophosphate sodium salt is a site-selective cAMP analog that inhibits various cancer cell lines such as HT29 colorectal cells and ZR-75-1 breast carcinoma, which is due to selective activation of PKA (protein kinase A) isoenzymes. Studies show that 8-Chloroadenosine 3',5'-Cyclic Monophosphate down-regulates the RI α subunit and up-regulates the RII β subunit of cAMP-dependent protein kinases leading to type II holoenzyme-dependent growth inhibition of caner cells such as HL-60. In addition, it is suggested that 8-Chloroadenosine 3',5'-Cyclic Monophosphate can possibly stimulate the antitumor effect of taxanes at micromolar concentrations. Further studies show that mdr-1 mRNA expression is reduced greatly in the presence of 8-Chloroadenosine 3',5'-Cyclic Monophosphate.
1. Rohlff, C., et al. 1993. J. Biol. Chem. 268: 5774-5782. PMID: 8449943
2. Ramage, A.D., et al. 1995. Eur. J. Cancer. 31A: 969-973. PMID: 7646930
3. Scala, S., et al. 1995. J. Clin. Invest. 96: 1026-1034. PMID: 7543490
4. Noguchi, K., et al. 1998. Eur. J. Cancer. 34: 1260-1267. PMID: 9849489
5. McDaid, H.M. and Johnston, P.G. 1999. Clin. Cancer Res. 5: 215-220. PMID: 9918222
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.