6-Aminonicotinamide is an inhibitor of the NADP+-dependent enzyme, PGD (6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase). Studies have also shown that 6-aminonicotinamide induces apoptosis in tumor cells and causes glial cell degeneration.
1. Lange, K., et al., 1970. Inhibition of the 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase in the rat kidney by 6-aminonicotinamide. Naunyn-Schmiedebergs Archiv für Pharmakologie. 267(2): 177-80. PMID: 4394804
2. Street, J C., et al., 1997. Quantitation of metabolic and radiobiological effects of 6-aminonicotinamide in RIF-1 tumor cells in vitro. Cancer research. 57(18): 3956-62. PMID: 9307279
3. Belfi, C A., et al., 1999. Increased sensitivity of human colon cancer cells to DNA cross-linking agents after GRP78 up-regulation. Biochemical and biophysical research communications. 257(2): 361-8. PMID: 10198218
4. Zuurbier, C J., et al., 2004. Inhibition of the pentose phosphate pathway decreases ischemia-reperfusion-induced creatine kinase release in the heart. Cardiovascular research. 62(1): 145-53. PMID: 15023561
5. Penkowa, Milena., et al., 2004. Metallothionein prevents neurodegeneration and central nervous system cell death after treatment with gliotoxin 6-aminonicotinamide. Journal of neuroscience research. 77(1): 35-53. PMID: 15197737
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.